Skynet One - Waterproof IP Security Camera With WIFI, Night Vision, And DVR Functionality
Easy to setup and use. So powerful in what it allows you to do. Feature-rich! The Skynet One - waterproof IP security camera with WIFI, night vision, and DVR functionality! When you can't be there yourself, you can with Skynet One!
Easy Installation: Simple to set up and easy to use. That was the driving force behind the intelligent design of Skynet One:
- Plug into power outlet
- If using Ethernet, connect cable to camera
- If using WIFI, connect antenna to camera
- Install program on disk
- The program generates an IP address
- Paste IP address into web browser and instantly view or record camera's streamed videos
- That is all there is to it!
Powerful Beyond Belief: The Skynet One waterproof IP security camera with WIFI and night vision lets you watch what is going on outside your home or in the alley behind your store, not only while you're safely indoors, but from anywhere on the Internet! With the IP address of the surveillance camera, you can be on a business trip in Tokyo and watch your backyard in Copenhagen. How does it work? Skynet One is connected to the Internet in the same way your house is connected to the road. As long as someone knows your postal address they can drive along highways and streets to find you. In the same way this IP security camera generates a IP address for itself when you connect it to the Internet. With that IP address, you can view and record what the video camera sees from anywhere in the world. All you need is an web connection.
Tons of Features: The Skynet One let's you see what's going at home or at work from anywhere in the world, but there's more. It is housed in a rugged anodized aluminum shell which is waterproof so come rain, sleet, snow, you'll see and be able to record the show! What's more, it features streaming VGA quality graphics and can even monitor the environment when there is no ambient light available. Thanks to a 1/4 inch CMOS sensor and 30 infrared lights, you'll be able to see what's going on even in darkness!
At a Glance...
- High quality CMOS sensor
- Access camera output from anywhere on the Web
- Can function with or without PC
- Record 100 fps interpolated videos to your hard drive
- Connect through WiFi or LAN cable
- Nightvision (30 IR LED's)
- Support iPhone/MSN Login
- Support VLC plug-in player
- Primary Function: Waterproof IP Security Camera with WIFI and Night VisionCamera Information:
- Sensor: 1/4 inch CMOS
- Horizontal Definition: 380 TV Lines
- Lens: f=6.0mm
- Minimum Illumination: 0 Lux
- White balance: AUTO
- Infrared: Yes (30 LED lights)
- Daytime Effective Distance: 100 meters
- Nighttime Effective Distance: 50 meters
- Image Information:
- Video Resolution: VGA (640x480), QVGA (320x240), QQVGA (160×120)
- Video Frame Rate: VGA (30 fps interpolated to 100 fps), QVGA (30 fps interpolated to 100 fps), QQVGA (30 fps interpolated to 100 fps)
- Video Format: AVI (Motion JPEG)
- Video File Size: ~ 30 Mb / minute (VGA)
- Still Image Format: JPEG
- IP Information:
- Connectivity: Wired (RJ-45/10-100 Base T) or WIFI (802.11 b/g)
- WIFI Encryption: None, WEP, WPA-TKIP, WPA-AES, WPA2-AES, WPA2-TKIP + AES
- Protocols Supported: TCP/IP, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, DDNS, UPNP, ICMP, FTP, DNS, UDP
- General Information:
- Waterproof: Yes
- Requires Computer: NO
- Multi-camera support: 4
- Browser Display: Single or Quad
- Power consumption: 3W
- Certification: CE, FCC
- Dimensions: 175 mm (length) x 65 mm (diameter)
- Certification: CE, FCC, RoHS
- Recording camera output is done through your IE browser. Simply install the software on disk and it will add viewing and recording functionality to your browser.
- Setup 4 cameras in order to monitor four different locations.
- IP Security Camera
- WIFI Antenna
- Power Adapter 100 - 240v
- Mounting Kit
- Ethernet Cable
- CD - (English User Manual, Software)
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this camera PAL or NTSC?
The concepts of PAL and NTSC are irrelevant when it comes to web surveillance cameras. It will work with any display.
- How big are the video files recorded from The Skynet One IP security camera?
One minute of footage recorded at VGA quality is roughly 29 MB in size. So if you have a 500 GB hard drive, you could concievably record almost 300 hours of surveillance with The Skynet One. That's roughly 2 weeks worth!
- Is that a typing mistake? You claim that this IP security camera records AVI at 100 frames per second! That's better than DVD quality?!?!?! It's no mistake. We were amazed too. We verified the results independently with two industry software programs known for file analysis: GSpot 2.70a and MediaInfo. Both programs verified that resultant videos are 100 frames per second. The secret in how the Skynet One achieves such a high frames per second rate has to do with the interpolation method by which is automatically makes multiple copies of each image it captures and lays down the copies next to the originals as they are recorded. The result, although 30 frames per second are sensed, 100 frames per second are created on file for a better viewing experience.
- Why is this camera called Skynet One?
Well did you by any chance see that James Cameron movie? NO! Not Avatar. The other one. No not Spider Man. Ah not Titanic either. Or Aliens. OK fine, fine we're talking about Terminator. Terminator, the movie. Skynet One...the machine AI that caused the war between man and machine...